AWCH Paediatric Support Link
AWCH Support Group Service is:
- for families with children who have a disability, syndrome, or chronic condition
- comprised of families who share common issues, experiences and problems
- made up of people who may offer each other emotional and practical support
What does the AWCH Support Group Service do?
- reduces isolation
- offers encouragement and support
Who uses the AWCH Support Group Service?
parents, doctors, social workers, nurses, psychologists, students, volunteers,
educators, community workers . . .
Contact AWCH if you would like to:
- find out if there is a group for your particular need
- refer a family to a support group
- obtain information, support and resources to start a group
- place your group on the AWCH Support Group Service database
Examples of organisations, disorders or illnesses listed on AWCH Support Group Service database include:
- Assoc of Genetic Support of Australasia - www.agsa-geneticsupport.org.au
- Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit - www.apsu.org.au
- Rare Voices Australia - www.rarevoices.org.au
- Bowel Group for Kids Inc - www.bgk.org.au
- Primary Intestinal Lymphangiectasia - www.littleleakers.com
Esophageal Atresia - Pediatric Playbook
An excellent video produced by The Esophageal Atresia Treatment Program (EAT Program) at Children's Hospital Boston explaining the different types of Esophageal Atresia.